- Connect cute planets and cute asteroids with smooth lines to make clever math!
- Improve your everyday math skills so you can finally do your tax returns!
- Wrinkle your brain through more than 64 handcrafted levels! That's right, there's 65 handcrafted levels!
- Clear bonus objectives for than 0+ days of extra fun! That's right, I haven't counted it yet! But there's a lot!
- Not good at math? Don't worry, you can get a hint. Or two. Or five.
- Get a glimpse at your future in the emoji horoscopes created just for you!
The goal of Apollo Null is to reach zero. In order to do that, the player must connect numbers with operators, such as minus, plus, multiply and more. String more of them together until you have used all numbers in a system and end up at zero. In the game, each number is represented by a special color of planet, and each operator is an asteroid suspended in the vacuum of space.
So besides challenging the player's mathematical skills, Apollo Null also becomes about thinking in spaces. The gameplay of Apollo Null is challenging at times, but never brutal. The game increases in difficulty in line with the player's own skills. Before you know it, you'll be able to spot math patterns instantly.
The idea for Apollo Null came from a fascination with the number zero. It occurred to me that zero was the great equalizer of numbers, and that there were so many ways to arrive at zero. Indeed, for a while the game was simply called Get To Zero. From that realization, there wasn't long to the creation of a puzzle game.
Stylistically, Apollo Null is very much inspired by games like Threes, Two Dots and Stellar Smooch. The style is cute, but not overly childish. It's friendly towards all types of people, young and old, grumpy and happy.
The driving principle behind the design of the whole game is that each interaction should be satisfying. Buttons fade-in pleasurably, planets start singing when touched, and completed levels are celebrated with fanfare.
Apollo Null has released on iOS and Android on the 16th of November 2016, and is be available to download for free on the Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon App Store and itch.io.